Discuss the nursing responsibilities with associated rationales in relation to administering Morphine.
Assessment 2 : Short Answer Test (SAT)/ In class closed book assessment based on the case study of Brian Jones.
Word count: 1000 words
Content that exceeds the word limit plus 10% will not be marked and consequently will not attract marks
Due Date: Week 5, in registered tutorials
This is a closed book assessment that will be completed in your tutorial class in week 5.
All students must attend their allocated tutorial to complete this assessment.
You have an allocated time of 90 minutes
Marking Criteria and Standards: See page 11 of this Learning Guide.
Aim of assessment
The purpose of this short answer test in class assessment is to enable the student to demonstrate:
– An understanding of the principles of perioperative nursing care (Learning outcome 1).
– An understanding of the role of the nurse in the perioperative period (Learning outcome 2).
– An understanding of the relationships between pathophysiology and cancer control initiatives (Learning outcome 5)
– How safe and effective administration of pharmacological agents support people in perioperative care (Learning outcome 1, 6 & 7).
– An evaluation of relevant literature to support an understanding of the pathophysiology, pharmacological and nursing management of a person experiencing the effects of bowel cancer and is able to express this in a clear and succinct writing style (Learning outcome 9).
Brian Jones (aged 50) presented to his GP with a nine month (9/12) history of a change in his bowel habits, abdominal pain and fatigue. His GP ordered Faecal Occult Blood testing which confirmed the presence of blood in Brian’s stool. Following this, Brian’s GP referred him to a gastrointestinal specialist. The specialist recommended Brian have a colonoscopy. During the colonoscopy, a biopsy was taken of a lesion located in Brian’s rectum. The biopsy results confirmed a Stage IIA rectal carcinoma. Brian was admitted to hospital for an abdomino-perineal resection and the formation of a colostomy.
The post Discuss the nursing responsibilities with associated rationales in relation to administering Morphine. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.